Responsible by Design
LIVING WALL BIOFILTERS
Luxe flourishes that protect lush environments.
- Our custom-built front desk made from reclaimed White Oak wood welcomes you into The Sur.
- Each apartment home was crafted with recycled, reclaimed, sustainable interior furnishings, like Energy Star appliances.
- More than 75% of construction waste was recycled instead of going to a landfill.
- Low VOC sealants, paints and flooring were used to reduce air toxins and enhance air quality.
- Living plant walls create a green oasis lining your path to our courtyards and throughout The Grove while the green roof cascades over the 8th floor pergola.
A vibrant community without the impact.
- Built in a dense urban area that is well connected to public transportation - located near metro, plus offers carpool, and rideshare options, communities, and trails. This reduces the amount of energy per person in the building by reducing emissions from transportation and allows for walkability and closer access to services.
- The Sur is located with easy accessibility to surrounding bike trails and provides bike storage and bike share options.
- 30% of building materials are locally sourced -within 500 miles.
- There are 6 electrical car charging stations, preferred parking for low-emitting vehicles, as well as underground parking which reduces heat emitted from the typical asphalt surface parking lots.
- Recycling shoot available on each floor to promote the resident recycling program.
- The Sur is a proud participant in the National Green Power Program.
SAVE THE REDWOODS
Because we were so inspired by their grandeur, The Sur will be donating a portion of our proceeds to saving the redwoods in Big Sur, California. If youd like to help, click hereand join us in sharing the experience of those natural wonders with generations to come.
The apartment is gorgeous and brand new. The Sur is a wonderful community, great amenities and everyone has been so nice. The move-in process was convenient and easy. Easy access to metro. Walking distance to Crystal City shops, parks and restaurants!- ApartmentRatings.com
My experience at The SUR has been great! The staff and management team here are absolutely WONDERFUL! Folake was the reason I moved in, and Drew, Folake, and Chris(concierge) are the reasons I stay.- ApartmentRatings.com
Apartment was exceptionally clean for just having been built and finished. No drips of paint, no dirty fingerprints on cabinets, and even stainless appliances looked like they had almost been polished. Just a nice touch when you move in to a new building. The gym has everything any athlete would need to have a proper workout. Great remote access system; both temp guest access and video calls from the lobby if you have a food delivery. Lastly, the staff was extremely pleasant to work with. Specif- ApartmentRatings.com